Friday, November 27, 2009

John Skipp and Craig Spector

Can't believe it took me so long to discover these guys. I just read The Cleanup by John Skipp and Craig Spector, and it was fantastic. Funny story: I got the paperback from the bookshelf downstairs in my apartment building when I moved it and finally finished it last night. If you don't know who they are, you need to check them out. I don't think I've ever read anything like The Cleanup before. It's a wild ride of epic proportions (I won't ruin it with a spoiler). In a way, I guess I did check them out a bit. I saw Fright Night in the eighties, the first good vampire film, in my opinion. I just don't think they had the technology to make a decent vamp flick before that. Of course the vamp film was perfected with Bram Stoker's Dracula, which Skipp and Spector had nothing to do with, but they definitely set the stage. John's writing with a different partner now, but I'm definitely buying all of Skipp's books, no matter whom he writes with.

No comments:

Post a Comment