Monday, November 16, 2009

Edward Woodward, star of The Wicker Man, dies.

The passing of Edward Woodward saddens me, the actor who played the uptight Christian copper in the good version of The Wicker Man (1973). He was mostly known for his non-horror roles and a string of solo albums where he performed the vocals. Wicker is one of my favorite horror movies ever, and his reactions to the insane Wiccans planning to sacrifice him to the god and goddess were excellent, the acting superb, believable, flawless--the man had me spellbound as I watched the flick ten times. Sad to lose anyone who made such a rich contribution to the horror genre. I can only hope that when Christopher Lee dies, the news shows him the same amount of respect, an actor much more active in the horror genre with his string of Hammer films where he played Count Dracula.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this movie. The Nicholas Cage version, not so much.

    ReplyDelete