Friday, November 6, 2009

How is horror faring?

It's looking well on the horror front as far as movies: Paranormal Activity bypassed Blair Witch as the biggest blockbuster of all time; I just saw Orphan and 666: the Child and they were both awesome. So how are we doing book-wise? Who's faring well, just King and Koontz (both of whom I love)? Well, it depends on how you look at it. Although I'm going the agent and big six publisher route when I finish my novel, when I sit down to read a horror novel, I'm just looking for something good, whether it's on a big house or not. Sarah Pinborough's Feeding Ground shreds, as does the new Brian Keene novel, Urban Gothic. In fact, the Leisure releases hardly have any shabby novels lately. I'm getting ready to buy Under the Dome by Stephen King, and his latest short story collection, Just After Sunset, was killer. Odd Hours by Dean Koontz had me spellbound. I'm getting ready to buy Death Metal by Armand: can't freaking wait for that one! And my story, "The Unwelcome Visitors," just kicked off in the Vermin anthology (rymfireebooks.com/vermin.html)!

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment