Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sony Reader

Okay, I've decided to cave to buying the almighty e-reader, but I'm getting a Sony Reader instead of a Kindle--too pricey. I could go on about how I prefer paper books, but that would be detrimental to me since I have stories out in two of them: Heavy Metal Horror and Vermin through Rymfire e-books. Those e-novels are fucking terrific, as is Bonded by Blood 2, which will soon be out on e-book also, so there'll be three.

The only time I'm going to use the damned thing is to review books for Nitelbade 'zine.

The rest of the time I'll be reading my paper books in my La-Z-Boy chair. It's been proven that e-books aren't better for the environment either. Because of the water and minerals it takes to make an e-reader, it's actually worse for the environment. So e-book lovers can't pipe that song anymore.

I'm just glad I'm back in my easy chair with paper books until the last week of the month.


I owe the information on e-books being worse for the environment to Richard Curtis's wonderful blog, www.ereads.com, to Daniel Goleman, author of Ecological Intelligence and to Gregory Norris, who's developing a life-cycle assessment software system.

No comments:

Post a Comment