Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Week from Hell

Progress has been steady as far as my work goes. I'll finish a short story for Shroud's Halloween issue and submit it today--Saturday, and I finished the rough draft and two proofreads of my newest story that I'm going to submit to Necrotic Tissue yesterday. The two newest chapters of my first novel just came up in my critique group, Critters. All is well on that front; however, I had one of the worst health problems anyone could have, in my opinion--an abcsessed tooth.

Dental problems are pretty common, you say? Not for me. It's always one of the worst experiences of my life. Last time was 1994, when I had four wisdom teeth out at the same time, and the horse pills they gave me made me hallucinate for almost forever. This time, they put me on Tylenol 3 Codeine, which almost gave me a nervous breakdown. I had to get off it. I was so nervous, I was pacing the apartment until I called 911 and talked with an EMT, who told me to get it out of my system by drinking milk and water. So I walked it off, drinking two glasses of milk and three glasses of water. After peeing three times in a half hour, I finally got it out of my system and was able to calm down and get some sleep.

I promptly stopped taking all the legal dope. Fuck pill-popping. I've got the NATURAL CURES "THEY" DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT book and I know the score.

Of course they can't get me in at the dentist for a while. No hurry anyway. I can't stop thinking of those two horror movies, The Dentist and The Dentist 2.

The problem started when I began using Sensodyne's Pro Namel toothpaste. Say I'm paranoid, but my teeth felt funny from the first time I brushed with it. It's got potassium nitrate in it! They use that shit to make bombs! I've went back to Colgate, believe me.

Two days later, and I'm finally getting back to normal. I'm calm and ready to shake up the horror world.

On my playlist: Deicide's Scars of the Crucifix. I'll admit it, I do listen to secular music once in a while.

Currently reading: The Loveliest Dead by Ray Garton, his first novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment