Friday, July 2, 2010

Does Horror Make Fans Kill People?


There's been a lot of controversy about whether watching horror makes people commit violent crimes. Let me put this mess to rest right now. I've been a horror fanatic since I was five years old, and I've never killed anybody. We're just entertainers, making people forget about their miserable lives for a while.

Some writers believe the hype. Too many, actually. I've seen it happen. Their girlfriend ends up in pieces in the fridge or in the closet or they threaten to kill people on the Internet: virtual guts, or trolling, which is the new term for it. Fact of the matter is, some people are nutbags and are going to kill someone no matter what. Horror movies and books are just the scapegoat so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions.

Of course, I'm talking about supernatural or psychological horror, not the slasher shit. I try to stay away from that stuff because it makes me fantasize about becoming Michael Myers and because it's plotless, just some guy with a knife chasing a woman into a shed. Then she picks the flashlight instead of a weapon. You've got to be kidding me.

By the way, certain writers seem to be confused. Let me clear this up. My name is not "fucker."

No comments:

Post a Comment